Not ready to schedule an appointment?
If you want to try a few things on your own before scheduling an appointment:
- Learn about your strengths and take the free VIA Character Strengths survey.
- Start a journal.
- Buy the Please Understand Me (Keirsey, D. & Bates, M., 1984) book and learn your personality type. The book includes the Myers-Briggs self-test and descriptions of each of 16 personality types identified by Carl Jung.
- Read these two articles: Change and the Elephant or Therapy and Happiness.
- If you are plagued with painful memories about your childhood, take the adverse childhood experience (ACE) survey online at NPR.org and read about the effects of early childhood trauma on adult physical and mental health.
- Start a mindfulness practice. Sit in silence for five minutes a day.